5 Top Tips For Writing Listing Descriptions
I’ve said it before and I will say it again… WHY DO PEOPLE STILL WRITE THEIR LISTING DESCRIPTIONS IN ALL CAPS?
😂 Seriously though, in my 5 years in real estate, I've seen some *interesting* descriptions to say the least. Here’s the truth: Getting the description right is crucial if you want buyers off their computers and into your home. Make that happen with my top 5 tips:
1. Aim for a length that’s just right. A paragraph of 8-10 sentences is just about perfect.
2. A little personality is fine—just don’t get too excited with all caps, exclamation point overload, or over-the-top language.
3. Be real. If it’s been on the market for 200 days, don’t say, “Won’t last long.” Buyers are won’t go for that.
4. Proofread, proofread, proofread. The quickest way to lose credibility? Fill your description with grammar and spelling errors.
5. Name drop brands of appliances, flooring, lighting, or materials. When you do, buyers hear quality and attention to detail.
I LOVE doing the heavy lifting with listing descriptions for my clients, so don’t worry if putting words to paper makes your heart race. I’ll craft you a description that'll sell! Thinking about getting your home on the market? Contact me, and let’s talk.